Business Analyst / Senior Product Manager
Task: With the departure of the previous 10 play product manager, I was hired to support and mentor the associate product manager in the delivery of the new 10play VoD/Live streaming platform. The launch had a set delivery date which aligned with the roadmap presented to executives at Network 10 and CBS.
The project was in the initial stages of finalising the user journey, which allowed for us to manage the design and development sprint planning and internal stakeholder uptake and approval.
A key aspect of the platform was the migration of all existing content and API integration (Brightcove, Eloqua) from Sitecore 7.2 to the custom built WordPress platform. I led workshops with the content editorial team and marketing teams to confirm CMS interface was ‘easy’ to use and met all the requirements from the team to alleviate current pain points when creating new ‘shows’
I delivered weekly updates for executive meetings, formalised the product roadmap and managed the deliverables via user stories (frontend/CMS and backend) using Jira and worked with the scrum master for sprint planning, organising session with key technical leads to scope out new features required based on feedback from key internal stakeholders.
CRM update (automated integration from wordpress to Eloqua) Working with the marketing team I helped define the user interface within the CMS for both 10 play, 10 daily and 10 speaks and wrote the user stories and corresponding Jira tickets for CMS and backend team.
I also led the training sessions for the editorial and marketing teams and wrote the corresponding manual.
Key Action Points:
- Gathering final business requirements (including technical, editorial, marketing and competitions, ad ops)
- UX, wireframes, finalising UI working directly with design team
- Writing functional requirements, user stories for front end, CMS, and backend tasks
- Assigning tasks to sprints post estimation session with key development and infrastructure leads
- Managing sprint planning and working directly with development teams in finalising all requirements includes briefing and scoping sessions
- Working with ad ops and sales team for programmatic ad / promotional updates and sponsored features in shows and or hubs
- Defining live stream engagement across shows, sports and news network and VoD (Brightcove)
- VSS integration with new CMS and video player (phase 1)
- CRM (Marketing): gathering requirements and designing the UI for the automated updates set up in the first instance by the marketing team – managing CMS and backend team including data integration team
- Membergating updates to MyTV (Phase 1)
- CBS integration – migration across DB’s
- New eDM updates with automated data pull from CMS to Eloqua (both 10 play and 10 daily including 10 speaks podcasts)