AFL Channel Producer for Telstra/Bigpond TV
Task: The launch of the AFL corporate site had a deadline for a March release and unfortunately due to personnel changes had been delayed by six months. I was brought on board in December to support the executive producer meet the deadline dates that could not be pushed back due to large marketing campaigns created to capture an increased subscriber base to the BigPond/Telstra online network services.
Key to ensuring we could meet the deadline was reviewing all deliverables and creating a phased out release which would not impact on the end user or the contractual agreements between the AFL and Telstra.
Working with the third party development group, Telstra technical and key stakeholders from the AFL, we finalised the UX/UI, content, functional and technical specifications, confirmed the server upgrades that would be required for increased video streaming features that were being implemented across the new AFL and club platforms.
International and national subscriber database integration was required as part of the upgrades and the additional features that were being developed to enhance the subscription model, which included ‘create your own video clips’ access to AFL exclusive news desk and interviews including ‘Game Day Review’
New products were being launched into the Australian market which included the first VoD platform BigPondTV platform built to allow direct access to all of Telstra BigPond’s primary news, sports and entertainment channel sites. Working collaboratively with all parties, was key to a successful launch.
Innovation and new product launches
- BigPondTV (VoD/Live streaming platform covering Telstra’s six channel networks – AFL, NRL, V8 BigPond Movies, Horse Racing) and EPG – Electronic Program Guide
- Electronic Program Guide integration) – XML data from iVideo
- AFL live video feeds – interviews, replays, game night
- AFL Live Game Application (mobile, tablet, desktop)
- AFL Shop – link through to online purchasing brand sites (AFL and third party vendors Team Zone/Team Coach – AFL Cards)
- Sports Bets
Key Action Points:
Team led client facing role, managing multiple teams across the design and delivery of AFL.com.au, BigPondTV.com.au and AFL game day live stats game application.
- Review of all deliverables updating timelines to allow for a phased release
- Finalising UX/UI, content and functional requirements
- Project managing deliverables by organising daily scrums with development team both third party and Telstra Technical, and daily updates to key stakeholders
- AFL lead management
- Sportal (primary platform design and development group)
- AFL FIlms
- AFL Shop online
- Patts Digital
- Champion Data
- Telstra Technical
- Telstra Front of House
- Sensis Media (Ad Ops group_
- White Agency – marketing campaigns
Feedback: Guy Gadney – Head of BigPond Content Production
Maria is one of the most passionate and energetic digital practitioners I have ever met. The AFL site is the hallmark website for Telstra BigPond and Maria worked tirelessly to make it the number one sports site in Australia. Maria’s valuable knowledge of online video combined with 3D virtual worlds gives her a unique combination of skills in the marketplace, positioning her at the forefront of digital media trends.